La Crema Chardonnay is described as dramatic, crisp, and exotic. An extended time on the vine creates an unrestrained flavor profile of bright rich flavors. It is used in this recipe but also pairs perfectly with it! The dish is a light, delicious and rich pasta full of mushrooms, garlic, onions, arugula and tomatoes with a buttery chardonnay sauce.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, diced
8 oz oyster or crimini mushrooms
1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
½ cup la crema chardonnay
3 cups fresh arugula, washed and dried
1 package rotini
- Fill a large stock pot with water to boil rotini.
- In a large, heavy pan, melt butter on medium (or heat oil until shimmery).
- Add diced onion, let soften and slightly brown- about five minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic.
- Stir occasionally until mushrooms start to slightly brown- another 5 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, keep stirring every few minutes so vegetables don't burn or stick- but let them take time to brown to a deep caramel color and to allow tomatoes to burst.
- Add pasta to boiling water in the stock pot and cook to al dente.
- When vegetables are a deep brown color, add wine and stir.
- Let wine reduce until sauce becomes thick.
- When pasta is done, drain well and add to the pan with the vegetables and sauce.
- Add arugula and toss until arugula is wilted and sauce is evenly distributed.
- Serve immediately with chilled Chardonnay.