2012 Sean Minor Pinot Noir, Carneros
Our Carneros Pinot Noir is medium-bodied with cherry, strawberry and plum nuances; surrounded by light toast flavors. On entry, the wine displays bright cherry and berry flavors with earthy and sweet oak notes throughout the mid-palate. The spicy finish lingers on the palate framed by fresh fruit and silky round tannins.
Butternut Squash Ravioli
1 1/4 pound butternut squash (one large squash)
1 package wonton wrappers
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup walnuts
1 lg shallot
1/2 stick of butter
1 tbsp sage leaves
1 tsp of nutmeg
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 cup of romano or parmesan cheese
Butternut Squash Ravioli Cooking Instructions:
1. Boil 2 quarts of water over high heat. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roughly chop sage and walnuts, and dice shallot.
2. Cut squash into wedges, scooping out pulp and seeds. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and roast 25 minutes or until soft.
3. When cool, add squash, ricotta cheese, nutmeg and fresh ground pepper to taste into a blender and process until smooth.
4. Take wonton wrapper and add 1 tbsp of squash mixture to the center. Lightly moisten edges of wonton wrapper with water, fold into a triangle. Press edges down with a fork on all sides to seal.
5. To prepare the sauce, heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat to melt. Add sage, walnuts and shallots and cook for 5 minutes. Stir frequently to allow butter to brown without burning. Remove from heat, and add parmesan.
6. Add finished raviolis to water and let boil until they rise, then remove and let cool.
7. Plate raviolis and top with sauce to serve!